In this tutorial you will be able to learn how to embed a Google Search Engine (with a google search, or just a site search) into your IconoSites website in 9 steps, using our free website creator.
Let’s Get Started:
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial, here it is (otherwise, continue with the written tutorial below):
1. Go to and - if you don’t have an account yet, it’s absolutely free to sign up.
2. Next click the button Create a Custom Search Engine – see the screenshot below.
3. On the next page, you need to provide some information about your search engine. See the example below.
Provide one or more link in the second box, this will specify which website or link should the engine search.
In this example, only 1 link that the engine should make the search for.
Click Learn more if you want to know about URL formatting.
To complete the information, select the Standard Edition and click the little box to mark it check after you agree to the terms of service.
Click the Next button to continue.
4. Next is to choose what style you would like to use. You may customize each style according to your liking. Just click the customize button. Then click Next button when you’re done with it.
5. Next copy the code by clicking inside the box, then right click and select copy. See image below.
6. Now that you’ve copied the code, login to your IconoSites account.
7. Next click on Header & Footer button. See image below.
8. Next, scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see Site Wide Scripts. Then inside the HEADER box, paste the search engine code. Please see image below.
9. Lastly, click SAVE button to finish your work. You’ve now successfully embedded Google Search Engine into your website. Go ahead and checkout your webpage. Congratulations!